[foaf-protocols] FOAF+SSL Test Application: SPARQL.ME

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Fri Feb 5 20:25:40 CET 2010

Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 5 February 2010 17:26, Peter Williams <home_pw at msn.com
> <mailto:home_pw at msn.com>> wrote:
>
>     So is the intent that FOAF+SSL should supporting a naming
>     synonyms, for use during authentication? For example, the URI
>     alias discussed in the RESTful SPARQL spec (and even its form from
>     the example in the spec, see below).
>

> That wasnt the intention of this app.  But I dont see any reason why
> not.  The purpose of sparql.me <http://sparql.me> is to allow users to
> persist their SPARQL queries.  Profile page is just an addition that
> supports the RDFa standard.  I added it because I was playing with the
> ARC2 plugin to generate it.

Also note:

1. http://uriburner.com/isparql
2. http://lod.openlinksw.com/isparql
3.
http://wikis.openlinksw.com/dataspace/owiki/wiki/OATWikiWeb/InteractiveSparqlQueryBuilderTutorials

In both cases the results pages offer URLs for persisting and sharing
your queries and/or query definitions. Also note that you can talk to
other SPARQL endpoints via this endpoint (a lot of my SPARQL Demos
[1][2][3] leverage this feature).

Note: iSPARQL is open source and part of our OAT project [4].

Links:

1. http://delicious.com/kidehen/linked_data_demo -- general Linked Data
Demos
2. http://delicious.com/kidehen/sparql_tutorial -- general SPARQL queries
3. http://delicious.com/kidehen/virtuoso_sparql_tutorial -- Virtuoso
specific SPARQL queries
4. http://sourceforge.net/projects/oat/ -- Open Source project home (a
bit dated, but we will make latest source code available prior to next
sync).

Kingsley