[foaf-protocols] FOAF+SSL Distinguished Name

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Tue Feb 16 15:37:59 CET 2010

Hi,

We are thinking we could try the following DN for FOAF+SSL

O=FOAF+SSL, OID=http://esw.w3.org/topic/foaf+ssl, CN=FOAF+SSL Version 1

That is useful because it contains a link to the wiki, which will explain what this "CA" is all about.  Any better ideas?

Perhaps we could even have a UID of

http://esw.w3.org/topic/foaf+ssl/DN_V1

And put some info there about the DN, and perhaps even a PEM file containing a public and private key with no protection, so that people who just want to get a file to sign certs don't have to calculate another one.

We could also create a foaf file for this DN and give it a subject alternative name.
Perhaps something like

http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/foafssl#id

That resource could describe the FOAF+SSL community.

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/