[foaf-protocols] FOAF+SSL Distinguished Name

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Tue Feb 16 17:27:41 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Story Henry <henry.story at bblfish.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are thinking we could try the following DN for FOAF+SSL
>
> O=FOAF+SSL, OID=http://esw.w3.org/topic/foaf+ssl, CN=FOAF+SSL Version 1
>
> That is useful because it contains a link to the wiki, which will explain what this "CA" is all about.  Any better ideas?
>
> Perhaps we could even have a UID of
>
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/foaf+ssl/DN_V1

You're most welcome to put something short and simple in
http://xmlns.com/foafssl/ (or foaf+ssl if svn is happy with '+' in a
directory name).  We don't have https: there currenty, but a name in
that corner of URI space is pretty much guaranteed to stick around as
long as FOAF.

To make sure that the resources served at xmlns.com have some
longevity, I try to keep the contents of xmlns.com modest: no
interactive stuff, complex codebases etc., just documents. So in 20
years time if it was to get handed off to eg. a library organization
for long-term hosting, their sysadmins would have a simple job keeping
it functioning.

I'd suggest a simple XHTML/RDFa document with pointers to wikis and
mailing lists, but I don't really mind so long as it's just simple
mimetyped files. The xmlns.com site is a bit locked down compared to
the rest of FOAF (I'd rather not have it get hacked, since mischievous
triples in the FOAF ns would be ... nasty), but I can copy things up
there at short notice.

Let me know...

cheers,