[foaf-protocols] https://foafssl.org/srv/idp foaf card with pubkey in rdfa

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Tue Jan 19 02:51:23 CET 2010

Of itself....

I want to configure my RP to verify signatures from that IDP, using its signed token format. There are 2 ways to learn the RSA pubkey for that purpose: 1. Copy the 1990-era base64 PEM format from the HTML into a local file and import it into a named MSFT cert store (or .jks store in the java world...), and let my RP enumerate the certs in that named store when validating tokens from that party, 2) do the same using semweb trust stores instead of fiddling with PEM encodings from the 7bit SMTP email era.

Why cannot the document at https://foafssl.org/srv/idp not be a (self-asserting) trust store... so my admin tool can "move with the times"?