[foaf-protocols] WebID spec: Subject Alternative Name extension

Seth Russell russell.seth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 17:23:03 CEST 2010

There are way too many if's in what you are proposing.   Getting a usable
email address from perhaps  a foaf document, alone is a very iffy
proposition.   Then too, maybe its not a foaf document at the end of this
quest.  So what we have here provides nothing that we can use.   It's like
you sent up a rocket but didn't have the courage to put in the pay-load.
So if  a  customer chooses  their certificate from their browser and sends
it back to the merchant, what  are they saying to the merchant  ...
precisely  nothing.  It sure seems to me that if you put your email in your
certificate and send the certificate to a merchant, then you certainly want
that merchant to easily be able to get that email and use it.

Seth Russell
Alpha testing: tagtalking.net
Facebook ing: facebook.com/russell.seth
Twitter ing: twitter.com/SethRussell
Blogging: fastblogit.com/seth/
Catalog selling: www.speaktomecatalog.com
Google profile: google.com/profiles/russell.seth