[foaf-protocols] A New Idea of Identity

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Tue Mar 2 14:35:59 CET 2010

On 2 Mar 2010, at 13:44, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> In a sense we're already at this point, our digital identities are
> incomplete clones of our real world identity.
>
> However, can we take this a stage further, but cloning your WebID?

Luckily with the semweb there are a number of options.
A few I can think of:
   - owl:sameAs your old Web Id to your new one on both sides
     then also copy as much information from the old one to the new
     one.
     You may also want to specify that the old id is deprecated
     (so we would have to invent a new relation for it)
   - an http redirect from your old web id to your new one