[foaf-protocols] Some basic questions prior to development ?

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Fri May 14 21:31:39 CEST 2010

Story Henry wrote:
> On 14 May 2010, at 18:57, Seth Russell wrote:
>

>>> FOAF is supported by google and there's at least one bridge to twitter
>>>
>> http://semantictweet.com/
>>
>> Wow! I am truly impressed with how much information that provides.    One
>> big question:  if people use that information and write in their foaf
>> profiles that they foaf:knows me as  http://semantictweet/SethRussell#me but
>> i am accumulating information about myself in my own profile where i
>> consider myself to be http://foaf.me/seth#me  won't we all get just a little
>> bit confused?
>>

> That's a bit like the web is today. You have a Facebook profile, and perhaps a
> linkedin one, then other services on the web create a service to extract the data
> and they publish it somwhere else.  The difference is that most of your friends will be linking to http://foaf.me/seth#me because that is the one you give out on a business card, or append to your emails.
>
> I think of semantictweet as a demo of what twitter could be doing if they wanted to. Indenti.ca produces its own foaf so there is no need for semantictweet.

Henry,

What's wrong with multiple RDFizers? Shouldn't people just choose what
works best for them Linked Data Graph fidelity wise?

Your not doing choices and options anymore?

Semantictweet, Identi.ca, URIBurner, others, just options for people to
choose from etc..

Remember, Identi.ca is just one of a plethora of data spaces on the
public Web :-)

Kingsley