[foaf-protocols] FOAF+SSL : Moving Towards a Spec -- A Show of Interest?

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Sun May 16 20:11:11 CEST 2010

On 16 May 2010, at 18:50, Alexandre Passant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 14 May 2010, at 10:53, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>> A formal spec for Secure WebID aka FOAF+SSL aka FOAF+TLS was mentioned yesterday.
>>
>> I was wondering who'd be interested in helping contribute?  I would to start with.  I think it would be logical for Henry to Chair.
>
> In which context would you like to spec it ? (W3C?)

I suppose so, yes. With the semantic web piece being the most important part, and given that most other parts are already specified: we are not changing X.509 really, we are not changing HTTP, just the method of authentication, and in a way compatible with current specs I hope.

But I imagine that there are people who know much better about these standardisation issues. We should just start contacting them, and explore what this space looks like

Henry