[foaf-protocols] Lots of confusions ...

Seth Russell russell.seth at gmail.com
Tue May 18 15:43:24 CEST 2010

My app stopped working for me yesterday.  It may have been when i went to
http://webid.myxwiki.org with the intent to get an alternate foaf identity
(and document) that i could put my email address in.  Oh well, i ended up
with another id, and another certificate in my browser, but i can't find the
foaf document.  Perhaps it is some other kind of WebId.  Anyway it is:
http://webid.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/SethRussell#me and there is an
alternate certificate in my FireFox browser for that.  Now foaf.me will
select that one when it goes to my app.  But sometimes not.  Sometimes
foaf.me logs me in as http://foaf.qdos.com/flickr/people/85874446@N00#me
... which looks real wierd and not like me at all.   And once foaf.me loged
me in as  http://norman.walsh.name/knows/who#norman-walsh who apparently
doesn't even know i exist.

Somtimes foaf.me takes more than 38 seconds to log me in, does not give me a
choice of certiicates, and responds with:

   No profile discovered for this WebID
   http://webid.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/SethRussell#me<http://webid.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/SethRussell#me>

Other times at foaf.me i get logged on as
http://foaf.qdos.com/flickr/people/38507085@N08#me  and it does show my
profile for http://foaf.me/seth#me

I guess, when i do choose the certificate for foaf.me/seth it logs me in
correctly and my app works, but when when i choose the other certificate
issued by the webid wiki, which i guess does not have an associated foaf rdf
document, foaf.me gets confused.

You don't know what's happening here, do you Mr Jones.

My app: http://www.speaktomecatalog.com/login.php

Seth Russell
Alpha testing: tagtalking.net
Facebook ing: facebook.com/russell.seth
Twitter ing: twitter.com/SethRussell
Blogging: fastblogit.com/seth/
Catalog selling: www.speaktomecatalog.com
Google profile: google.com/profiles/russell.seth