[foaf-protocols] Lots of confusions ...

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Tue May 18 18:34:24 CEST 2010

On 18 May 2010, at 17:26, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> Story Henry wrote:

>>> Apologies for this.  There was an attempt made to refactor the library, but
>>> it seems some bugs were introduced, that have not yet been patched.  I didnt
>>> actually program this piece, but will attempt to work out what's going
>>> wrong, or see if I can roll back to the previous version of the library,
>>> which was definitely stable.
>>>

>> This could be related to the bug I found last year that allowed one with Tabulator to edit other people's foaf graphs.
>>

> How can you edit someone else's FOAF graphs if FOAF+SSL based ACLs are functional?

Nobody is arguing that you could if things worked properly. We are speaking of bugs here.

These are the types of bugs many people moving from tabular databases and indeed any other kind of closed world programming environment to RDF will make. This was my point in "Are OO Languages Autistic" http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/are_oo_languages_autistic

We have all been forced as programmers into bad thinking habits. So we should be aware of our own mistakes, and help people joining the community to avoid making them too. This will be a difficult educational task.