[foaf-protocols] Lots of confusions ...

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Tue May 18 21:31:03 CEST 2010

Story Henry wrote:
> On 18 May 2010, at 18:09, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>> 2010/5/18 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen at openlinksw.com>
>>
>>> Doesn't Tabulator use FOAF+SSL and ACLs?
>>>

> Tabulator does not need to support foaf+ssl in any special way.
> The browser on connecting does that!

Okay, I should have been clearer about my real concern.

How does Tabulator register an identity with the browser, if at all? I
assume not, based on the thread below, and your comments above.

If Tabulator is going to steer stuff into a data space via its host
browser, it should register an identity which is clearly what I believe
is about to happen (again based on the edit related  comments below).

My concern is about the human using the browser with a plugin that can
write to data spaces. Less so the mechanics of client side SSL
verification. Just trying to understand the root cause  of a SPARUL into
a resource that ends up in a data space, unknowingly etc..

Kingsley
>> Afiak 0.8.7 has webdav and sparul but not foaf+ssl and/or acls
>>
>> The current branch is:
>>
>> hg clone http://dig.csail.mit.edu/hg/tabulator
>>
>> As you can see some recent edits to the social pane ... so it may be in
>> progress
>>
>> http://dig.csail.mit.edu/hg/tabulator/?cmd=changelog;style=gitweb

President & CEO