[foaf-protocols] Lots of confusions ...

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Tue May 18 21:36:27 CEST 2010

2010/5/18 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen at openlinksw.com>

> Story Henry wrote:

>> Tabulator does not need to support foaf+ssl in any special way.
>> The browser on connecting does that!
>>

> Okay, I should have been clearer about my real concern.
>
> How does Tabulator register an identity with the browser, if at all? I
> assume not, based on the thread below, and your comments above.

You can

1) Create a webid via webdav
2) Associate an exisiting webid with your browser

try the foaf pane when looking at a webid, and see the right hand side

> If Tabulator is going to steer stuff into a data space via its host
> browser, it should register an identity which is clearly what I believe is
> about to happen (again based on the edit related  comments below).

I think that commit is related to creating a cert locally ... which is the
'right' (most secure) way to do things

> My concern is about the human using the browser with a plugin that can
> write to data spaces. Less so the mechanics of client side SSL verification.
> Just trying to understand the root cause  of a SPARUL into a resource that
> ends up in a data space, unknowingly etc..

You can alter a data point by hitting enter, and then changing the literal
(edit in place)

You can also add items to an existing data space

I guess edit in place gets dangerous when you have the typeical 'hover' over
effect that lets you click a data point and edit it ... you may be editing
your own data space or someone elses ...