[foaf-protocols] Simple WebID based Resource ACL test

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Wed May 19 21:02:34 CEST 2010

On 19 May 2010, at 19:55, Nathan wrote:

> Story Henry wrote:
>> On 19 May 2010, at 19:30, Nathan wrote:
>>> For example if you check the headers on:
>>> https://ssl.data.fm/hello
>>> you'll see:
>>> Link: <https://ssl.data.fm/.wac/friends.n3>; rel="http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/acl#"; title="Access Control File"
>> That can't be the right relation.
>> You are using the namespace as a relatin, which well, perhaps not wrong, is not
>> dereferenceable, so it is difficult to know what you mean.
>> Is there a relation in the acl namespace that would be needed? Please check the ontology first.
>
> Yup, we've discussed this before [1], no property in the acl at the minute, would be good to have one, as you previously suggested or as acl:acl mentioned on esw wiki [2] - the aforementioned was a temporary measure until something better came along.
>
> Unsure if it's wise to set the range to foaf:Document though, anything which you can call via HTTP(S) can be subject to wac.. thoughts?

I think the range would be a foaf:Document for sure, since you are asking people to look there for a description of who has access to the document, right?

Not sure if the domain would be a foaf:Document, one could leave that open.

acl:acl seems ok, but I have not thought of it much - trying to fix the other bug.

Henry