[foaf-protocols] adding Ping to Simple WebID based Resource ACL

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Fri May 21 21:40:46 CEST 2010

mike amundsen wrote:
> Kingsley:
>
> <snip>
>
>> We have to think in terms of Data Spaces (collections of Data Objects
>> with de-referencable identifiers) and CRUD.
>>
> </snip>
>
> Just to help me out (as i'm a n00b here), Data Spaces ~= containers
> and Data Objects ~= items, right?

Absolutely!
> As a follow-up, I have a FOAF *file* and in that are several items
> (foaf:Person, rsa:RSAPublicKey, etc.); so the FOAF *file* is the Data
> Space and the foaf:Person is a Data Object, right?

Yes.

Also the file could be in an instance of a DBMS (like Virtuoso) that
hosts many Named Graphs (some might take the form of Documents while
others a Named partitions inside the Quad Store).

If you revisit the SIOC ontology you will notice that Spaces,
Containers, and Items are abstract entity types :-)

Kingsley