[foaf-protocols] adding Ping to Simple WebID based Resource ACL

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Sat May 22 03:13:58 CEST 2010

mike amundsen wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Yes.
>>
>> Also the file could be in an instance of a DBMS (like Virtuoso) that hosts
>> many Named Graphs (some might take the form of Documents while others a
>> Named partitions inside the Quad Store).
>>
>> If you revisit the SIOC ontology you will notice that Spaces, Containers,
>> and Items are abstract entity types :-)
>>
> </snip>
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. Yep, the "File" was just my particular
> case; lots of storage mediums to consider.  And I'll review SIOC some
> more to see how things fit together.
>
> FWIW, one puzzler I have right now is how to manage access rights for
> a foaf:knows entry in my foaf:Person.
You social network or address book can take the form of a protected
resource or rdf dbms hosted named graph.
> IOW, I might want to grant you
> the rights to edit your own foaf:knows entry in my foaf:Person.
You would give me access to your address book or social network data
spaces or some other container to which ACLs would apply.
>  As I
> understand things right now, that's one step farther than where we are
> currently targeting ACLs, right?

Yes, an easier example would be attempting to get my birthday from:
http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen .

If you see it now, that's because I've explicitly tagged you as a friend
via a foaf:knows relation, and asserted that friend can see my actual
birth date.

If this works, I'll undo the assertion and then you can re-test.

Kingsley

>>> http://amundsen.com/blog/