[foaf-protocols] Poll on WebID Protocol Ontology Changes

Nathan nathan at webr3.org
Tue Oct 5 23:36:06 CEST 2010

Henry Story wrote:
> On 5 Oct 2010, at 22:52, Manu Sporny wrote:
>
>> So, are the people that are voting for DER meaning to vote for PEM
>> instead? Or do you really mean DER (which is a binary format)?
>
> As I understood those voting for DER meant a base64 encoded subset of a DER
> certificate, namely only the piece that is the public key. Ie: this piece

certificates don't come in to it - this is purely about a PEM or base64
encoded DER Public Key - no more, no less

this-> (PEM)

-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQD9tvsRWXEOruxpvulN9SaYCVAn
fmjV9m9M1Xp34C3Cl6WTjacjfFmmpSghwsAwHILKkBgYWY10UW1GUpiXZQW60l6E
bOwsD0tL8vP5VGMWyICmEimj5oGZGzfzhwqN1ZG+tS6VS7GHMnMnZwNPN2XaJj/Y
pPFL5aE8xgnXyYpoRwIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----

or this-> (base64 encoded DER == PEM with headers removed)