[foaf-protocols] WebID Telecon Minutes for 2010-09-07

Henry Story henry.story at bblfish.net
Tue Sep 7 20:41:21 CEST 2010

Just adding answers.

On 7 Sep 2010, at 18:42, Manu Sporny wrote:

> Attendees: Stephane Corlosquet, Manu Sporny, Henry Story,
> Benjamin Heitmann, Dave Longley, David I. Lehn, and Reto Bachmann-Gmur
>
> Scribe: Manu Sporny
>
> Audio logs: http://getwebid.org/meetings/#2010-09-07
>
> Agenda:
>
> 1) Multiple URI issue in the SAN extension:
>   http://github.com/msporny/webid-spec/issues#issue/2

So the answer was yes on multiple SANs. But we need some language for the spec.
A good way is to treat each SAN as a Claimed Identity. Verifying the identity is done
using the dereferencing method. All claimed identities can be used to identify the
user at the end of the connection.

> 2) Selective presentation of WebID-only certificates:
>   http://github.com/msporny/webid-spec/issues#issue/3

To investigate in more detail on the mailing list, I need to find the previous threads on the issue.

> 3) Shift to Community GitHub account:
>   http://github.com/msporny/webid-spec/issues#issue/5

Something that we need to look into. But I think we also need to understand how we function as a group. I would have been happy to have this integrated into the W3C to avoid such issues arising. But as that process is somewhat opaque - it requires a lot of people to agree on something, which is never easy nor predictable.

The other option is to look into using a data wiki, using the Tabulator to browse the bugs. I looked at that the other day, and it seemed kind of cool. Perhaps Melvin who used that can tell us how well it works now. The nice thing about that is that we can I think login to that using WebID, which would be a good way to test our work.

> The full text log is here:
>
> http://getwebid.org/meetings/text/webid-telecon-20100907.txt

I think until the next conference we need to look somewhat more carefully at the flash implementation. It is the one that is linked to from the getwebid.org web site. It seems a bit odd that the only implementation we don't have consensus on, that is not open nor interoperable is the one linked to on the page which is where we are hosting these teleconf calls. It looks slick, but it's a bit misleading.

Henry