[foaf-protocols] WebID Telecon Minutes for 2010-09-07

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Wed Sep 8 14:50:00 CEST 2010

  On 9/8/10 4:44 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 7 September 2010 20:41, Henry Story <henry.story at bblfish.net
> <mailto:henry.story at bblfish.net>> wrote:
>
>     Just adding answers.
>
>     On 7 Sep 2010, at 18:42, Manu Sporny wrote:
>
>     > Attendees: Stephane Corlosquet, Manu Sporny, Henry Story,
>     > Benjamin Heitmann, Dave Longley, David I. Lehn, and Reto
>     Bachmann-Gmur
>     >
>     > Scribe: Manu Sporny
>     >
>     > Audio logs: http://getwebid.org/meetings/#2010-09-07
>     >
>     > Agenda:
>     >
>     > 1) Multiple URI issue in the SAN extension:
>     > http://github.com/msporny/webid-spec/issues#issue/2
>
>     So the answer was yes on multiple SANs. But we need some language
>     for the spec.
>     A good way is to treat each SAN as a Claimed Identity. Verifying
>     the identity is done
>     using the dereferencing method. All claimed identities can be used
>     to identify the
>     user at the end of the connection.
>

>     > 2) Selective presentation of WebID-only certificates:
>     > http://github.com/msporny/webid-spec/issues#issue/3
>
>     To investigate in more detail on the mailing list, I need to find
>     the previous threads on the issue.
>
>     > 3) Shift to Community GitHub account:
>     > http://github.com/msporny/webid-spec/issues#issue/5
>
>     Something that we need to look into. But I think we also need to
>     understand how we function as a group. I would have been happy to
>     have this integrated into the W3C to avoid such issues arising.
>     But as that process is somewhat opaque - it requires a lot of
>     people to agree on something, which is never easy nor predictable.
>
>     The other option is to look into using a data wiki, using the
>     Tabulator to browse the bugs. I looked at that the other day, and
>     it seemed kind of cool. Perhaps Melvin who used that can tell us
>     how well it works now. The nice thing about that is that we can I
>     think login to that using WebID, which would be a good way to test
>     our work.
>

> Really like this idea.  At the end of the day, having a WebID seems
> like should be a pre requisite for contributing.
>
> However, we can start with github as there's already issues there, and
> migrate over.
>
> I suggest October, as the SWXG final report will be in, and many of us
> will have more time, and also there quite will possibly be a major
> tabulator update.
>
> I'm happy to help set this up.

Melvin,

What's with the Tabulator specificity? How about simply requiring the
use of User Agents that can contribute to a Data Wiki? Tabulator plugin
simply makes browsers capable of WebID based Data Wiki contributions
based on WebID ACLs.

The functionality of Tabulator as a Data Wiki editor is functionality
that other WebID supporters can implement in their products etc..

As you know, I don't like any kind of product or technology specificity
especially when our goal is interop via common standards etc..

Kingsley

>     >
>     > The full text log is here:
>     >
>     > http://getwebid.org/meetings/text/webid-telecon-20100907.txt
>
>     I think until the next conference we need to look somewhat more
>     carefully at the flash implementation. It is the one that is
>     linked to from the getwebid.org <http://getwebid.org> web site. It
>     seems a bit odd that the only implementation we don't have
>     consensus on, that is not open nor interoperable is the one linked
>     to on the page which is where we are hosting these teleconf calls.
>     It looks slick, but it's a bit misleading.
>
>     Henry
>
>     > -- manu
>     >
>     > --
>     > Manu Sporny (skype: msporny, twitter: manusporny)
>     > President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
>     > blog: WebID - Universal Login for the Web
>     > http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2010/08/07/webid
>     > foaf-protocols mailing list
>     > foaf-protocols at lists.foaf-project.org
>     <mailto:foaf-protocols at lists.foaf-project.org>