[foaf-protocols] The issue of authorising access to private resources

Nathan nathan at webr3.org
Wed Sep 8 18:59:04 CEST 2010

Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin Heitmann wrote:
> If you (the community) agree that this is an issue, then I will probably go ahead and create a wiki page for the following:
> * test cases and use cases
> * experience from existing and emerging implementations of the authorisation aspect
> * a collection of the different issues which need to be standardised in a wikipage.

I'm unsure how familiar you are with the whole authorization/ACL side of
how we currently do things, but I'd see great value in having those
test/use cases outlined, especially from somebody didn't already have
'the way we do things now' engrained in them.

There are quite a few areas where it's too easy to say "you can't do it
like that, do this instead" and to have these test/use cases written up
in the first instance without consideration for these factors would be
great. Especially on the mixed private/public data side of things.

Best,

Nathan