[foaf-protocols] DNS problem with foafssl.org -> myxwiki

Dirk-Willem van Gulik Dirk-Willem.van.Gulik at bbc.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 21:22:38 CEST 2010

Op 14 sep 2010, om 20:57 heeft Henry Story het volgende geschreven:

> There is an odd DNS problem with foafssl.org and myxwiki for the past 4 days or so.
> As a result people with WebIDs from myxwiki cannot log in.

Just run dnswalk on it; or run 'dig ns foafssl.org' followed by same (or dig -t any ') postfixed with @<ns> where ns is the NS you got back from the first dig.

It'll show you an oddly configured primary at domaincontrol.com - which I assume is your provider. Just uploading/touching your zone file may be enough to reset whatever scripts they use - as I suspect some routine reconfig was done during a time the zone file was updated.

Thanks,

Dw.