[foaf-protocols] [foaf-dev] FOAF site - unscheduled downtime

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Fri Sep 17 14:01:18 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Henry Story <henry.story at bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 17 Sep 2010, at 12:22, Dan Brickley wrote:

>>> Just WebID enable it. By the time spammers catch onto WebID you'll
>>> have a couple of years of peace :-)
>>
>> Can you recommend a webid-backed OpenID-compatible service or toolkit?
>> I remember this was done, but forget the details. That way we can
>> exploit the (currently more plentiful) OpenID addons for Wordpress /
>> Drupal / MediaWiki while still allowing nice WebID functionality...
>
> There is http://openid4.me that allows anyone with a WebID to login with
> an OpenID tied to it.
>
> But it could also be good to login directly to your site with WebID for those
> that have it. It should be quite a lot easier on the user.

Having had several sites attacked and compromised before, I have an
absolute requirement here: no customisation that makes it harder to
keep up to date with latest version of common php apps
(wordpress/drupal/mediawiki). If someone makes a WebID addon for these
packages I'd love to try it, but I can't risk complex local
customisations that will break when we update the software. Being
hacked is really really horrible!

cheers,