[foaf-protocols] Why exponent/modulus

Henry Story henry.story at bblfish.net
Fri Sep 17 20:06:27 CEST 2010

On 17 Sep 2010, at 18:48, Nathan wrote:

>>> So, I guess what I'm saying is, that unless we pester every major language to add native ASN.1 support / expose modulus and exponent / create an ASN1 reader in every major language, we can never create portable webid plugins for media wiki / drupal / wordpress.
>> I think we should make a table and work out which languages have trouble with this, and
>> a map of solutions. Then we can look at what advantage that will give us with some objective facts to back this up.
>> Thanks for bringing up this issue.
>
> agreed, good call,

As I understand those are all php based, right? So I think if we find a solution for PHP we have covered the largest user base that tends to have difficulty upgrading.

Damien Tournoud started writing an ASN.1 parser last year, so perhaps if the community helps
him out, he'll get one finished sooner :-)

   Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/