[foaf-protocols] Language support for Modulus, Exponent, SAN

Toby Inkster tai at g5n.co.uk
Sun Sep 19 11:42:56 CEST 2010

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:06:05 +0200
Henry Story <henry.story at bblfish.net> wrote:

> Perl ?

The Crypt::OpenSSL::X509 library provides all of the information in
question; however the SubjectAltName it provides is a bit of a jumble.
It's a wrapper around the OpenSSL C library.

Crypt::X509 provides cleaner SubjectAltName data, but doesn't provide
the exponent and modulus. It's a pure Perl implementation.

In my latest work on CGI::Auth::FOAF_SSL I'm using both libraries, as
together they are able to provide everything needed. Also I've filed a
wishlist item on Crypt::X509, so at some point in the future might be
able to drop the Crypt::OpenSSL::X509 dependency.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>