[foaf-protocols] WebID Protocol / WOT Ontology

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 14:50:38 CEST 2010

Quick question from the other thread.

Should the WebID protocol be able to recognise WOT style public keys [1].

Currently WOT 0.1 has a triple in the style.

User wot:hasKey <PubKey> *

WOT 0.1 is a bit old and we can probably make some tweaks to the syntax in
view of the WebID protocol.

But the question is:  should we allow a WebID to link to a Public Key as
part of the WebID protocol (currently there is no such requirement, only
that a public key links to a cert, which contains a webid)

Personally I find the user -> pub key directional link more intuitive, but
the current way works too.

[1] http://xmlns.com/wot/0.1/