[foaf-protocols] Language support for Modulus, Exponent, SAN

Joe Presbrey presbrey at csail.mit.edu
Mon Sep 20 18:33:44 CEST 2010

I have used Lua a bunch in the HTTP realm: I implemented an OpenAFS
WebDAV gateway by extending lighttpd with Lua to do dynamic proxying
to privilege-separated backends.

I created some redland/librdf bindings for Lua this afternoon.  I
created some derived on dajobe's redland-bindings package.  Hopefully
soon I'll get his help committing+releasing them upstream.  Toby,
please publish your lexer!

So, mod_lua is looking really good so far (and very similar to
mod_perl/mod_python). For authn/authz:

LuaHookCheckUserID Directive
LuaHookAuthChecker Directive
Invoke a lua function in the auth_checker phase of processing a
request. This can be used to implement arbitrary authentication and
authorization checking.

And built-in, granular code caching and scope controls:

LuaCodeCache Directive
Syntax:	LuaCodeCache stat|forever|never
LuaScope Directive
Syntax:	LuaScope once|request|conn|server [max|min max]

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_lua.html#luahookauthchecker

--
Joe Presbrey