[foaf-protocols] webid on a card

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 18:16:07 CEST 2010

On 22 September 2010 18:01, Nathan <nathan at webr3.org> wrote:

> László Török wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I think the idea was already coined by Henry and others on this list.
> Now,
> > just came across this link on the SWXG mailing list.
> >

> http://www.slideshare.net/ptrevithick/higgins-active-clients-and-personal-data-stores-v2
> > http://eclipse.org/higgins/
> >
> > They seem to have good integration with browsers (mobile too, but it's
> was
> > clear how they interface it with the phones) and also claim to have an
> API
> > for native apps, they are sem web enabled etc. I only skimmed this, but I
> > think they even deal with the UX issue that was discussed in many threads
> on
> > this list.
> >
> > Maybe (a possible) practical adoption path for WebId?
>
> see:
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/ptrevithick/higgins-active-clients-and-personal-data-stores-v2
> (webid, rdf, js, foaf etc all mentioned in the plan)
>
> and some more details
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Persona_Data_Model_2.0
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Personal_Data_Store_Overview
>
> this is rather big - will let those who know better / who are in swxg
> call expand.

Just had a very cool presentation from Paul Trevithick.  It seems that both
communities are solving similar problems.

Good news is that he's going to talk further with the W3C CEO, Harry and
hopefully Henry about ways WebID can be leveraged, adoption of FOAF, and
possible use of SPARQL Update to replace XDI.

Of course, it's still very early days, but the signals look the most
positive we've seen to date.  Exciting times! :)