[foaf-protocols] WebID logo

Sarven Capadisli info at csarven.ca
Mon Sep 27 19:42:13 CEST 2010

I propose a WebID logo along the lines of:

http://csarven.ca/labs/webid/logo/webid-0.png
http://csarven.ca/labs/webid/logo/webid.16x16-0.png

It should have the following primary concepts:

* Chip like object (conveys sensitivity and/or uniqueness as seen on
plastic bank cards)

* Human/Agent element (generic profile outline of a person?)

Any other concepts should be conveyed?

IMO, it should be kept really simple so that it can be interpreted as a
universal web identification. It should also be clearly visible and
recognizable all the way down at 16x16 (where it matters most of the
time)

If the community is cool with this (and other) line of thinking, I can
improve on visibility by updating:

* Colours (gold or silver-ish)

* Type

* Dimensions (most likely a square without the term 'WebID')

* Misc. components arrows/borders

-Sarven