[foaf-protocols] Problem with certificate on home-grown WebID

Sebastian Trüg sebastian at trueg.de
Sun Dec 18 10:03:18 CET 2011

On 12/17/2011 10:18 PM, Henry Story wrote:

> On 17 Dec 2011, at 22:09, Sebastian Trüg wrote:

>>> Yep, it is very odd, because everything seems to line up but without you being able to log in.
>>>
>>> I have made a few more changes. Can you try once more?
>>
>> Sorry, the error is still the same as last time: the public keys are the
>> same but the verification still fails.
>>
>> But as mentioned I can log into ODS.
>
> yes. I know. But this bother me. Because we are not just creating a service that works for ODS but for
> everyone. Can you send me again the output of the test please?
>
>    https://foafssl.org/test/WebId

Attached.

> That is all I have to go on. If I can't fix it from there, I'll probably push out the other version
> I have been working on. The Clerezza version is too much for me to maintain.

The way see it there are two possibilities:
1. There is an actual bug in your solution and my profile exposes it
2. My profile or the way I publish it is not 100% correct and the ODS is
less strict about it

In any case I doubt that my very simple foaf could be the problem. So it
is probably the way I serve the file by rewriting "foaf" to "foaf.ttl".

So I tried to create a new profile for my daughter Clara, uploaded it to
http://www.trueg.de/clara/foaf.ttl and used the WebID
http://www.trueg.de/clara/foaf.ttl#me. Sadly this does not work either.
The error is the same. But it also works in ODS.

Please let me know if you want me to try other things. SSL maybe?

Cheers,
Sebastian