[foaf-protocols] msft azure endpoint certs, including self-signed support

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Tue Mar 1 23:30:46 CET 2011

On 3/1/11 3:35 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
> excellent "how to" article
>
> http://azurefeeds.com/post/906/Installing_Certificates_in_Windows_Azure_VMs.aspx
>
> one could have a million tenants with self-signed https endpoints,  if
> one wants. One just uploads the .p12 file...
>
> well done microsoft.
>
> this article hints at but doesnt go into details that the azure
> tenants has multiple cert stores (think tagged lists of cert:identity
> in the foaf card) - some of which impact how client certs are addressed.
>
> This is actually my mission - to get the azure endpoint to request and
> consume a (self-signed) client cert via client authn. One can probably
> guess why...

Microsoft groks the Data as a Service (DaaS) model as demonstrated via
Azure! Only issue is now,  is getting them to grok the power of WebID
which is a zero cost it -- bar platform lock-in obsession -- when it
comes to enhancing their DaaS offerings esp. the Data Market.

WebIDs render API keys obsolete too!

President&  CEO