[foaf-protocols] using fb app, as an openid UCI bridge into microsoft ACS (and its dowbnstream apps, servicebus, cache...)

peter williams home_pw at msn.com
Fri Mar 4 02:29:06 CET 2011

One of the things the Microsoft federation bridge does (though it wont talk
to openid UCI IDPs) is talk to an arbitrarily named facebook _application_ -
defined by the tenant.

Presumably, if one had a common app used by many, it  could be a bridge to
the UCI world.

Of course, any IDP can be a bridge - even SAML2 IDP configured to talk to
the Microsoft Federation point. But, to get adopted it has to not feel like
programming!

Strikes me that its more important right now to get webid validation
authority be using in the middle of assertion bridge doing their thing
(where there is an API point, to hit the sparql server doing the guts of the
validation logic).

Is there a sparql query anywhere that, given uri I and uri J, can simply
induce the serer to return a computed following chain - given its crawling
of the foaf cards over which it search out the walks?