[foaf-protocols] using fb app, as an openid UCI bridge into microsoft ACS (and its dowbnstream apps, servicebus, cache...)

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 03:52:22 CET 2011

On 4 March 2011 02:29, peter williams <home_pw at msn.com> wrote:
> One of the things the Microsoft federation bridge does (though it wont talk
> to openid UCI IDPs) is talk to an arbitrarily named facebook _application_ -
> defined by the tenant.

Is this "Microsoft federation Gateway"?

As an Ubuntu user is a nice problem for me not to have :)

But are you saying it's something we can possibly leverage in the Windows world?

> Presumably, if one had a common app used by many, it  could be a bridge to
> the UCI world.

Need to check FB T&C but they are becoming better and better about
being open, imho.  Also FB developer apps need a verified account to
set up.

> Of course, any IDP can be a bridge – even SAML2 IDP configured to talk to
> the Microsoft Federation point. But, to get adopted it has to not feel like
> programming!
>

> Strikes me that its more important right now to get webid validation
> authority be using in the middle of assertion bridge doing their thing
> (where there is an API point, to hit the sparql server doing the guts of the
> validation logic).

I think Facebook uses some kind of OAuth 2 token ... I'm in the
process of researching.  I plan to build a proof of concept to see if
this is possible, but still working out some of the details.

> Is there a sparql query anywhere that, given uri I and uri J, can simply
> induce the serer to return a computed following chain – given its crawling
> of the foaf cards over which it search out the walks?

What's a following chain?