[foaf-protocols] freedombox in a VM

peter williams home_pw at msn.com
Fri Mar 11 18:36:48 CET 2011

I cannot take on the learning curve of Debian, its tool chain, or unix
system management  culture. I'm struggling just to keep track of the huge
websso changes ongoing in the cloud/websso windows world.

Can anyone take the time to build an image of a programming capable
platform, usable using Eclipse (already installed), in Microsoft's VM image
format?

I can then host that in the Azure cloud, as can anyone else with an MSDN
account. Its just an rdp connection then, to work with that OS remotely.

I just want to logon as root, open eclipse, change a sample project stored
on the desktop, written in C/C++, exposing a local endpoint. That's it. It
can be entirely insecure, since I'll just reboot it back to its initial
state every session, anyway, keeping only the src file change.

I don't mind overcoming application programming hurdles, but Im not resource
to spend 6months getting back up to speed on unix.