[foaf-protocols] implementation specific discussion on webid; azure service bus

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Thu Mar 17 00:35:03 CET 2011

On 3/16/11 7:12 PM, peter williams wrote:

> Below, I say "Being atom, content types of various types can accompany
> the URI."
>
> In Atom, can the content attached to a URI be a MIME
> multipart/alternative content type? ...such that to one URI might be
> bound in the atom stream 3 alternative streams of metadata: (i) the
> openid file (with microformats), (ii) the foaf card, (iii) the XRD for
> hammarstack markup?

See: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4287

Excerpt:

atomInlineOtherContent =
       element atom:content {
          atomCommonAttributes,
          attribute type { atomMediaType }?,
          (text|anyElement)*
       }

    atomOutOfLineContent =
       element atom:content {
          atomCommonAttributes,
          attribute type { atomMediaType }?,
          attribute src { atomUri },
          empty
       }

    atomContent = atomInlineTextContent
     | atomInlineXHTMLContent
     | atomInlineOtherContent
     | atomOutOfLineContent

4.1.3.1.  The "type" Attribute

    On the atom:content element, the value of the "type" attribute MAY be
    one of "text", "html", or "xhtml".  Failing that, it MUST conform to
    the syntax of a MIME media type, but MUST NOT be a composite type
    (see Section 4.2.6 of [MIMEREG]).  If neither the type attribute nor
    the src attribute is provided, Atom Processors MUST behave as though
    the type attribute were present with a value of "text".

Kingsley

President&  CEO