[foaf-protocols] webid group said... something interesting

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Tue Mar 22 21:30:14 CET 2011

On 3/22/11 3:49 PM, Henry Story wrote:
>    In the end a problem occurs that can't be solved any other way, and everybody forgets they are stupid, and spends a huge amount of time learning it. Be careful because when they do, any advantage you thought you had will be swept away by the tsunami if you are not on your plank riding the wave.

Yes!!

Web 2.0 silos and then entire "Apps for that .." silos++ are there right
now :-)

I can't believe Apple and Google both missed the initial opportunity to
use WebID as carrot and stick for app developers so that every app
ultimately works with Linked Data Objects. Even more ironic is the fact
that Apple nearly pulls this off with Core Data (yet another Entity
Graph oriented DBMS without URI based Object Identifiers) on the
Desktop. Anyway, their job is to come late to market with a pragmatic
solution, on the back of all the poorly constructed geeky solutions :-)

President&  CEO