[foaf-protocols] webid vs distributed social networks

peter williams home_pw at msn.com
Fri Mar 25 22:18:52 CET 2011

FROM <http://webid.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/homepw4#pw

The query below works. It has FROM

producing a resultset of

However, when I change the query so I now have FROM

the query work does work,

producing resultset

I think the second one is what I want, wanting a confirmation that the
pubkey exists in #me (and not any other anchored graph in the same

If I have FROM <http://webid.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/homepw4#me,

and the wrong modulus, the result set is null (which feels correct).

If I have FROM <http://webid.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/homepw4#pw,

the result set is null (which feels correct).

If I have FROM <http://webid.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/homepw4#>

the result set is null (which feels sort of correct).

However, sometime it doesn't do the above. Sometimes it always returns

And, if I remove a \n in the modulus' literal, it gets the wrong answer. The
implication is, I have not know where the source document happened to use
linebreaks in the literal.

I'd rather work with ASN.1 in binary. It's easy compared to this stuff.
Things that should be trivial just are not. It feels like asking Plato: am I
alive? One gets a riddle in response, instead of yes/no.

I seem to be in a trap. To make it work, I *have* to use the query Henry
advocates, which avoids the literals problems. But, that means I have to run
a native sparql engine, and triple store - which I don't want to do (since
there is no maintained, native library for windows). Neither is there is a
webservice I can consume, that would do the Henry query for me, and then
test the result set for me (remotely) for the mod/exp in question.

I suppose there is a half way house, in which uriburner runs Henry's query
for me, and I run through the result myself looking for the mod/exp match
(since that resultset is at least just an xml array of nominal matches.)

# DEFINE get:soft "replace"

PREFIX cert: <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#
<http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert> >

PREFIX rsa: <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/rsa# <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/rsa>