[foaf-protocols] webid vs distributed social networks

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Fri Mar 25 23:42:49 CET 2011

On 3/25/11 5:39 PM, peter williams wrote:

> If I issue this against uriburner:
>
> PREFIX cert: <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#> PREFIX rsa:
> <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/rsa#> SELECT ?m ?e FROM
> <http://webid.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/homepw4#me>
>
> WHERE {
>
>     [] cert:identity ?webid ;
>
>          rsa:modulus ?m ;
>
>          rsa:public_exponent ?e .
>
> }
>
> I get
>
> <sparql xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results#"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/result2.xsd">
>
> <head>
>
> <variable name="m"/>
>
> <variable name="e"/>
>
> </head>
>
> <results distinct="false" ordered="true">
>
> <result>

> </result>
>
> </results>
>
> </sparql>
>
> Is there any way to fiddle with the querying parameters so the binding
> results are the literals for mod and exp, rather than nodeIDs!?

Peter,

Try:

#What? -- SELECT list type casting
#Why? -- string comparison
#How? -- leverage fact that Virtuoso can surface all its in-built
functions (from SQL and other functionality realms)
# ditto custom functions

PREFIX cert: <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#>
PREFIX rsa: <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/rsa#>
SELECT
        (str (bif:coalesce (?exp_val, ?exp))) (str (bif:coalesce
(?mod_val, ?mod)))
WHERE {
            ?id cert:identity
<http://webid.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/homepw4#me> ;
            rsa:public_exponent ?exp ; rsa:modulus ?mod .
            OPTIONAL { ?exp cert:decimal ?exp_val . ?mod cert:hex
?mod_val . }
           }

Additional notes:

URIBurner by default is making proxy URIs and this can cause some
confusion. You profile graph was reloaded with Proxy URI generation
disabled.

We are going to address this problem via a pragma for disabling the
proxy URI feature. Ditto addition of missing owl:sameAs relation which
would enable current state of affairs (i.e. with proxy URIs) work if
inference context pragma for owl:sameAs in on.

President&  CEO