[foaf-protocols] Pay with your WebID?

Peter Williams home_pw at msn.com
Tue May 24 04:24:00 CEST 2011

But Is it webby?

Remember, we are continually berated when arguing for custom clients (not browsers); or applying webid validation to a signed stateful websso , or using a vCard, a cert file, or an ldap entry as the source of attributes.

Here, we have a payment wallet, in custom code on a proprietary device locked into a particular vendor who controls the tool chain (and its just like the Microsoft wallet plugin to ie, a decade ago).

I'd love our text to drop the pure linked data, rest orientation ...so app builders can apply webid validation processes to 1000s of (web) apps that are hypermedia on nature.

Adoption now requires a political shift in how we present ourselves.