[foaf-protocols] Person <-> Group (+sub/related groups) relations...

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Tue Nov 1 12:14:28 CET 2011

Hi Sebastian,

> > Can you elaborate on why you need a relationship named in this
> > direction? Rather than myGroup having a :member link to a person?
>
> In a distributed scenario, where both descriptions (the person WebID and
> the group WebID) are published by different authorities, we often choose
> to trust only in statements which have the subject = the linked data
> resource in our implementations. In the membership case here I would
> finally relate the group and the member only if both parties accept the
> relation (by publishing it). This can be much more complicated (e.g.
> refer to dgFoaf [1])
It makes to me perfect sense to cross validate friendship (symmetric one) and membership claims... At some point I hope to see some sort of browser plugin and/or user script to perform such validation.
Do you know if dgFoaf has any mailing list? I couldn't find much information about it =(

Thanks!
=)
~ elf Pavlik ~