[foaf-protocols] using windows to mint web id credentials,

Henry Story henry.story at bblfish.net
Sun Nov 27 02:50:11 CET 2011

On 27 Nov 2011, at 00:29, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> As you can see, we get the same effect using RDFa or Microdata based structured data islands within blogspot.com posts.
>
> We don't need to extend a silly syntax war to WebID. Let's keep WebID in the conceptual realm. It components boil down to:

I Agree, so  let's not spend so much energy then trying to convince Peter, who just produced his first WebId Profile, to  change it, to what is furthermore a  different format for which we don't have parsers? (None of my projects has a parser for them).

We will get to complete syntax agnosticism, don't worry. We started off with only rdfxml, and are now at xml + rdfa, so you can see  we are moving in the right direction. But not every programming language has every parser available to them, and asking servers to implement all of them is impossible: an implementation would end up so huge it would make a mockery of any idea of simplicity we were making.

Anyway, have a great weekend!

All the best,

	Henry

Social Web Architect