[rdfweb-dev] Plink

Jo Walsh jo at abduction.org
Wed Oct 6 16:08:22 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 04:50:31PM +0100, Dom Ramsey wrote:
> It was fun to do, but I'm now getting way too many complaints from
> people who have appeared without permission in other people's FOAF files
> and have found themselves via Google.

this sounds very hard for you. are people objecting to the fact that their emails are being republished? (in the past i've tried to use mbox_sha1sum to encode other peoples addresses, but recently i've become lazy about it / hoped to see value in actually allowing people to contact each other) or are they objecting to the fact that they ego-surf and find depictions connected to their names? google images has plenty of these, derived not from FOAF files but from other peoples html collections of image annotations...

i have a fairly strong 'get over it' reaction. it's all going to be cached and archived anyway. it seems a shame for you to have to back down on good work because of this....

zx