[foaf-protocols] This message should be signed

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 10:58:12 CEST 2009

Perhaps http://metalab.at/

> Perhaps he has some ideas on how this could help.

This is great.  I'll have to try out the email part.

SSL has been used for years in email, so this could be a great
standardisation.  Also SSL is used in many other subsystems such as
SSH and more recently distributed source control.  What would be great
would be a coming together of all these systems over X.509 and FOAF
such that, for example, you SSH to your unix terminal and it know your
public profile, you can use gitorious for file sharing, syncing and
source control, you can log in to your email, etc. etc.

Note also many of these systems simply store the public key server
side.  Perhaps an idea to make a reverse lookup service so that you
can get from a public key to a profile page.