[foaf-protocols] This message should be signed

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 13:32:58 CEST 2009

On 20 Jun 2009, at 09:26, Toby Inkster wrote:

> Some SSL error message came up in Evolution when sending it, but it
> didn't give me the chance to stop it sending.

I've been looking at Apple Mail's support for this too, but it
appears to only pick up on a certificate if the subjectAltName
exactly matches the mail account's e-mail address. Obviously that
can't work for FOAF+SSL keys as we've been using them so far.

However, technically subjectAltName is a comma-separated list, so I
could have:

subjectAltName=email:foo at example.com,URI:http://example.com/foo#me

The CGI::Auth::FOAF_SSL module doesn't support subjectAltNames like
that, but I think that it probably should. I don't know whether Apple
Mail supports them either. I'll try to get around to experimenting
with this some more.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>